How can you help?Thanks for asking! There are
many ways to assist the growth of the FCS Orchestra department.
Since we are the youngest section of the fine arts department, we
are always finding new “growing pains” that are in need of
● Many students cannot afford their own instrument. This year,
especially, we have simply not had enough instruments to go around.
There have been several students “sharing” an instrument (in
different class periods). This presents an interesting problem when
it comes to taking the instrument home for individual practice time.
● We are always looking to add to our music library. Music is
expensive and adds up quickly when you are trying to build a library
with music to cover varying ability levels.
● Repairs and maintenance are an ongoing expense that is
● Concert attire is also an immediate need. Students are in need of
some type of uniform dress for performances.
● There are always odd jobs to be done in the orchestra department.
Money is not the only thing that can be donated. Very often, money
is also spelled T-I-M-E.
Of course money is always welcomed.
What could we do
with your donation?
● $50 can purchase an orchestral “score” (performance music)
● $350 can purchase a violin outfit
● $500 can purchase a viola outfit
● $1000 can purchase a 'cello outfit
● $1300 can purchase double bass outfit
● Any amount you choose can be used to purchase supplies or cover
Please make checks payable to Florence Orchestra, denote "Strings Program" and mail checks to:
648 N. Cherry Street